I’m not a spotlight person. My happy place is the softly lit corner with a book and a friend to share it with. Or the light of my laptop as words pour out…
So, I’m thankful, bashful, and humbled to share that I’ve been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by a sweet woman whose writing often builds me up in the Lord.
I’m equally honored and grateful to be nominated for the Liebster award by another woman who points to Christ. This is a “virtual award given by bloggers to bloggers to showcase amazing work and encourage one another.”
These awards are a fun way for bloggers and readers to make new connections and participate in the digital Christian writing community.
Feel free to skip to whatever interests and will encourage you most!
How this Blog Started
Basically, this blog began as one trite cliche after another. It was a happy accident. I write because I don’t know how not to. The man (me) planned and God laughed. So I still write because I don’t know how not to.
And then somewhere along the way writing this blog became an opportunity. Through it, I learn to lean on the Lord, obey Him with my abilities, and share about Him with those who need reminding at every step (me too) and those don’t know Him yet.
Advice for Bloggers
1. Don’t be hard on yourself about crafting pretty words, using pristine grammar, or following best practices. Do be hard on yourself regarding motivations. If you’re writing for God’s glory, then your sharing, commenting, replying to comments, etc., all also need to be to His glory. (1 Tim 1:5)
2. Check your expectations for return on investment. Few people make a financial living on blogging. But there are other forms of investment (treasure in heaven, anyone?) Invest in people. Invest with what God values: truth, love, diligence, kindness. Expect the return to be getting to participate in His Work. That puts a different, but eternally satisfying kind of food on the table. (John 4:34)
11 Fun Facts about Me
- I can use two highlighters in my hand at once
- My body holds a few pounds of metal plates and screws
- At 26, I haven’t mastered snapping my fingers
- I had 2 opportunities to work in Africa but haven’t been yet
- People ask me to speak louder at least once in most conversations
- Some people struggle to make eye contact, I awkwardly make too much
- You’ll rarely find me reading fiction
- Typically, I read 10-14 books at a time
- I received Christ as my Savior years after I began calling myself a Christian
- I avidly take and organize notes about conversations, media, thoughts, etc.
- Being a grandmother has sounded like the most fun thing ever to me since I was a kid
Answers to 11 Liebster Questions
- What is the most beautiful place you’ve visited?
Seattle’s surrounding area!
- What’s your favorite flower?
- What’s your favorite movie quote?
“Keep the change ya filthy animal.” Do you know the film? Hint: think Christmas.
- Describe your typical Friday night?
Playing video game golf or a board game with my husband while listening to sermons. We really are that cool (ha!)
- Favorite ice cream?
The kind that’s in between two cookies.
- It’s a beautiful day and you are reading a book outside. Are you sitting in the sun or shade?
Ideally legs in the sun, but book and eyes in the shade.
- What big dream do you hope to accomplish?
To create a home that makes people feel welcome and loved by my family and by God.
- How many states have you visited?
Touched the ground in 34.
- What’s one thing you would want said about you at your funeral?
That I actually will be bringing a lot with me into eternity (of people!)
- What was the last thing that made you laugh, really laugh?
My husband putting corn cobs in the seat of his pants to amuse myself, my brother-in-law, and my future-sister-in-law.
- How do you find God’s presence in your day?
By getting into His Word apart from formal study.
My Blog Nominations (AKA Check These Out)
The links below go directly to some of my favorite posts by fellow bloggers. Below the link, I’ve concisely stated what I observe and value about their blog.
These writers regularly encourage and challenge me with their words. Many of them have become friends. I hope you’ll find a blog and friend that resonates with you and draws you back again and again.
Frank, snarky, storytelling with clear faith application.
Beautiful peeks into life and faith with humor sprinkled in.
Masterful storytelling that illustrates insight on living faithfully.
Biblical truth that convicts and encourages in simple language.
Seasoned perspective and commentary on culture and faith.
Philosophical and in-depth analysis of practical faith and evangelism.
Warm, disarming reflections on God and life.
Openhanded, Bible-based encouragement.
Personable, real-life redirection to God in all hardship.
Bible study that gets to the heart of the matter.
Straightforward, helpful insight into living faithfully.
Blunt questions, honest answers, all pointing to God.
Whimsy and wisdom woven into beautiful, memorable words.
Concise, down-to-earth advice on faith-filled living.
Humble truth-telling that often includes a memorable story.
Feel free to share and participate in these blogging community awards! If you choose to participate in the Liebster award sharing, answer the same 11 questions I did above- I can’t think of better ones!!
Thank you to all who read and share words here with me! If I can serve you better in some way, contact me here. I count this space a joy, and it’s a gift to get to share it with you.
This post may also be shared on: #MomentsofHope, #DreamTogetherLinkup, #TestimonyTuesday, #RaRaLinkup, #TeaAndWord, #TellHisStory, #RechargeWednesday, #Thought-Provoking Thursday, #Heart Encouragement, #LiveFreeThursday, #DanceWithJesus, #LLMLinkup, Faith-Filled Friday, Sitting Among Friends, Fresh Market Friday, and #SoulSurvivalLinkup.