Anyone else wake up thinking through their to-do list? Or zone out mid-conversation because someone said something that reminded you of another item to add to your to-do list?
Many of us spend more time thinking about we need, want, or plan on than what we already have.
What We Have as God’s Children
“For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.” –Romans 8:6
God’s Own Word
“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.” –2 Timothy 3:16
The Riches of Christ
“Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ.” –Ephesians 3:8
A Place in God’s Kingdom
“Has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him?” –James 2:5
Faith, Grace, Hope, and a Testimony
“Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.” –Romans 5:2
Ideas for Thinking on God’s Good, Perfect Gifts
- A few years ago I heard someone on the radio say that when they found themselves dwelling on lists of hurts or worries, they tried to switch and think on a list of blessings from God.
- Memorize Scripture! God gives His Word to us as a good gift and we can never spend too much time learning from Him through it.
- Focus on someone you love- thank God for them, pray for them, consider what a blessing they are to you.
- Recall your testimony. Remember how God has saved you. Praise Him for answered prayers and times when He has especially apparently worked in your life.
- Look up one of the names or character traits of God and consider the glory, matchless implications of God being who God is.
What else would you add? How do you think of godly things?
This post may also be shared on: #MomentsofHope, #DreamTogetherLinkup, #TestimonyTuesday, #RaRaLinkup, #TeaAndWord, #TellHisStory, #RechargeWednesday, #Thought-Provoking Thursday, #Heart Encouragement, #LiveFreeThursday, #DanceWithJesus, #LLMLinkup, Faith-Filled Friday, Sitting Among Friends, Fresh Market Friday, and #SoulSurvivalLinkup.